Rural Electrification Board/Rural Electrification Agency
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST RE- ADVERT
Name of Project: Energy for Rural Transformation Phase Three – ERT III (Uganda)
Credit No.: 5653
Project ID: P133312
Procurement Reference No.: REA-ERT III/SRVCS/17-18/ 00021
Assignment Tittle: Consultancy Services for preparation of Resettlement Action Plans, Engineering Designs, Preparation of Bidding Documents, Tendering Support and Construction Supervision for ERT III Grid Extension Projects for Lot 1 and Lot 2 as follows:-
Lot 1 (627 km of Medium Voltage and the associated Low Voltage networks):
LOT 2 (655 km of Medium Voltage Line 1: Kibaale - Kikalu, Namalemba - Nakalama & Namutumba - Mazuba, (82 km); Line 2: Kabowa - Lumuli - Budima (Jinja), Busitema - Busia (Busia ( 75 km); Line 3: Bubiita - Bukalasi & Mayoka (Bududa), Wanale – Budwale and environs (Mbale), Nampologoma, Namulo, Bufuja, Manyamye, Butenga and environs (Butaleja) (150 km); Line 4: Kyabadaza - Masankwa, Nyanama, Mpenja - Maseruka, Kiriri - Kasasa, Mpenja - Nsambwe - Kononi - Mamba – Mauki ( 123 km); Line 5: Nakifuma - Nagojje, Walusibi - Katogo - Mbaliga - Namele & Nakasajja - Kyampisi with tee-off Kasawo – Luwero ( 72 km) & Line 6: Mitemula - Nakiyaga - Nkuke - Kyanamukaka with tee-offs Nkule - Ketengesa ,Bukeri - Namirembe & Baale Landing sites, K
LOT 2 (655 km of Medium Voltage and the associated Low Voltage networks):
Line 1: Mubende - Kyabayanga - Ngangi with tee-off Kahirimbara, Kibaale - Kikwaya & Karuguza SS, Kibonge, Buronzi, Katete, Nyamarunda, Kitoro & Kabale Pri Sch (134 km); Line 2: Kiyagara – Bwizi, Biguri – Ntonwa, Ntara - Bwensamba ( 87.5 km); Line 3: Rukoni (Mailo 36) - Rwoho - Ngugo - Bugamba and Bugangari - Rwenshama with tee-off to Mirama Sub County (110 km); Line 4: Karugutu - Ntoroko including Semiliki Safari Lodge (55 km); Line 5: Kagongo - Rweshuri with tee-off Kigalama & Nyansimbo – Rwenkoobwa (54 km); Line 6: Ngeta - Ayala - Alito - Ogur - Apala - Aloi - Adwari – Patongo (103 km); Line 7: Dokolo - Agwata HCIII, Aceng - Dokolo - Atur, Dokolo - Apapai - Tiriri & Otuboi - Orungo – Acuna ( 111 km).
1. The Rural Electrification Agency of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Energy for Rural Transformation Phase Three – ERT III (Uganda), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consultancy Services for preparation of Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs), Detailed Engineering Designs, Preparation of Bidding Documents, Tendering Support, and Construction Supervision for ERT III grid extension projects under Lot 1 and Lot 2 .
2. The consulting services (“the Services”) for each assignment will include but not be limited to the following scope of services:-
a. Carrying out detailed engineering designs
b. Preparation of Resettlement Action Plans for the projects
c. Preparation of bidding documents in line with the World Bank Procurement Guidelines
d. Support during tendering process
e. Construction Supervision
3. The estimated minimum number of professional staff-months required for the assignment is 393 (Three hundred and Ninety Three) for Lot 1 and 467 (Four hundred and Sixty Seven) person months for Lot 2
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR CONSTRUCTION OF RURAL ELECTRIFICATION PROJECTS IN SIX DISTRICTS OF UGANDA
Name of Project: CONSTRUCTION OF RURAL ELECTRIFICATION PROJECTS IN SIX DISTRICTS OF UGANDA
Loan No.: 953
Reference No.: REA-KFAED/SRVCS/16-17/00440
1. The Rural Electrification Board of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development has received a loan from the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development to finance Construction of Rural Electrification Projects in Six Districts of Uganda in North Western Service Territory, West Nile Service Territory, Western Service Territory and South Western Service Territory and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services described below.
2. The Consulting Services (“the Services”) include Construction Supervision and Project Management for Construction of Rural Electrification Projects in Six Districts in North Western Service Territory, West Nile Service Territory, Western Service Territory and South Western Service Territory (285km of Medium Voltage Power Lines, 250km of Low Voltage Power Lines, installation of 180 Distribution Transformers, installation of 6250 meters and supporting connection cables and accessories, Double Circuit of 5km (33kV and 11 kV) in Gulu and expansion of Gulu UMEME Substation). The Construction Supervision shall run for Twenty Eight (28) months.
3. The Rural Electrification Board of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
a. Legal Status of the firm evidenced by certified copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association & Certificate of Incorporation or Registration and details of the firms Directors or the equivalents of these legal documents. Firms expressing interest alone or in a Joint Venture should submit legal documents required above for each member.
b. A cover letter signed by the authorized signatory to the Expression of Interest application. The cover letter shall clearly indicate the type of association. The authorization of the signatory to the application shall be in form of a notarized Power of Attorney for foreign firms and a Power of Attorney that is commissioned by the commissioner of Oaths and registered by the registrar of documents for local firms.
c. Consultant’s specific experience: Demonstration of at least 1 (One) assignment similar in nature, scope and value executed in the past 5 (Five) years (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012).
d. Confirmation of availability of the following expertise: Electrical Power Systems Engineer (2), Powerline Surveyor (1), Clerk of Works (4), Environmental Specialist (1), Social Expert (1).
Experience in similar conditions (Working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa)
4. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
5. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development Guidelines (First Edition 1995).
6. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00 Hours to 16:30 Hours, Monday to Friday, except Ugandan public holidays: Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit Rural Electrification Agency Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope Tel: +256-312-318100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. One (01) Original and Two (02) Copies of the Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by 4th August, 2017 at 12:00 Hours. Procurement and Disposal Unit Rural Electrification Agency Attn: Head Procurement & Disposal Unit Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor House of Hope Kampala-Uganda
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is not bound to accept any Expression of Interest
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR